Dismantle electrical flat burr coffee grinder
Mis à jour : 11 mars 2020
I think some people will wonder what's inside an appliance when using it. Especially when the appliance malfunction and we have no one to help us. So here we will dismantle a new flat burr grinder to show you what's inside a coffee grinder and the principle of it.
As we all know the coffee grinders are a big family. There are the blade grinder, flat burr grinder, conical grinder and special flat burr grinder(ghost burr, block burr). Here we show you only the traditional flat burr grinder.
So check the below video first and I will explain to you by detail.
First I need to clarify that the coffee grinder I brought is a comparatively high price/performance ratio grinder which has full functions and cheap price. The only disadvantage is that this grinder is not an electronic smart control type.
Let's begin our journey now.
Dismount the upper side of the grinder.
1. Remove the bean hopper
2. Rotate the fineness disc to the coarse direction. Just keep rotating. You will hear the sound "tik tok". And you are able to take the disc away after a while. Take off another round part jacked up by the spring. You will find that one of the flat burrs is mounted on it with screws. You can dismantle them if you want to clean this burr.
3. Check the downside of grinder, you will find there is another burr mounted to a round part that is connected with the strong motor. You can dismantle them too by taking off the screws. But it may need some special tools to finish this job. So I don't suggest you do that.
4. The outlet mouth and the holding parts are easy to be taken off. Just use the screwdriver and you will get the job finished.
Dismount the downside of the grinder.
1. Remove the screws to disconnect the bottom plate which is metal and heavy. Its function is to make the grinder stable when running.
2. Remove the screws to disconnect the second bottom plate which is plastic. This plate has the fuses on it. So just be careful.
3. Then you will check the inside structure of the grinder. There are power lines, power button, fuse wire, push outlet button wire and a very very big metal powerful motor connected with the burr upside. We didn't dismantle the motor this time because of the wires. If you want to take off the motor, you need to take off the upside burr and bolt first.
But I don't suggest that because it's hard to connect the wire for a beginner.
You can notice that the structure and principle of the electric coffee grinder are very simple. Just a motor connected with burrs. And the wires are not complicated for professionals. So I think you will get many ideas to fix the appliance when yours goes wrong.
Don't do the things I do if you are not familiar with the appliance. And better contact supplier if your grinder malfunctions.
Here is the link for the grinder we showed: High-quality flat burr grinder
If you have any advice or comments, contact us and we will reply to you asap.
Thanks for reading